Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PZL M15 Belphegor

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PZL M15 Belphegor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PZL M15 Belphegor

I need a good building challenge, I was thinking of building this beast. I made a set of plans but cannot get good colored pictures for a paint job. I did the usual search on the internet but no luck. Does someone have descent 3 view pictures?

Thanks again.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83679.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1339334  
Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 PM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: PZL M15 Belphegor

Anyone have a good contact or even a picture of the top & bottom?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Go to this link.

A good 3 view of this beast (and I do mean beast!)

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/belphegor_3v.jpg

If you are after a high aspect ratio, twin boom jet that doesn't look
like a flying shed check this one out as well.

http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/geophysica_3v.jpg

John.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:23 AM
maxmwill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question, after having just joined. Did you build a model of the Belphegor? If not, will you? I like that beast, not only because it is so homely its got lots of character(some people feel sorry for stray cats or stray dogs), but also because it'd be unique at the flying field, especially if it is built large enough to stand out on the flight line.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:46 AM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

What in the world are those big pillows between the upper and lower wings? Huge drag. This plane will fly slow. Wont be the fastest plane on the field. I also like to see incredible builds and rare planes, but i feel sorry for the poor sap who goes to all the trouble for just my viewing pleasure. Build something you will enjoy flying.
John
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 AM
maxmwill

Uh, those pillows are the struts. They also doubled as hopper tanks for the agricultural chemicals. Interestingly, this was also proposed as a flying ambulance.

As far as being draggy, yes indeed, seeing as it flew at a blistering 180 knots. It was named Belphegor, after a noisy demon of the same name(either in Polish or Russian mythology). It seemed that the engine it had was much better at converting fuel to noise, than helping give it record breaking speed.

But as a model, this beast is so homely that it''d have to have character, just to be able to show itself with some pride on the flight line.

In all seriousness, however, it might make for a fine flying model, especially if you follow Kelly Johnson's dictum and build lightness into it. Say 12th scale, which would give it a 77 inch, or so, wingspan. Those wings might look better on a sailplane, though.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:52 AM
fulps

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check this out:

http://www.turbinen-flieger.de/42282/47217.html

This guy planned to build one of those monsters. As far as I know this project is paused...

regards from germany

jochen
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 AM
maxmwill

Well, my russian is almost as bad as my German, but I think I might be getting some information from that site. What he shows that he's done so far looks pretty good, and I have the feeling that it really will be a monster. I wish I had the budget for a real turbine(never hurts to dream), but if I start something like this, it'd  be somewhere in the realm of 12th scale, with an electric ducted fan, which I suspect might not be much larger than 90mm.

Lookintg around that site even further, I saw that Saunders Roe flying boat fighter, which I've always thought was a really pretty flying machine.

I appreciate the link, though.