Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ricers, man come on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

I thought I heard my name too!

There is a time and a place for body kits and big spoilers, but on a basically otherwise stock car they are kind of out of place.

I like this for example:

But this is just tacky:

Attached Thumbnails Ricers, man come on.-02accord.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Haha

I just love to laugh at all those around here. They have the body kits and a fart can and the cars sound horrible. They floor it and it sounds like its going fast, you take a look at the car is barely pushing 25mph down the street :P

Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 PM

I live in what seems like truck country but there is a few ricers around here. The ones I see around here are just too much, even a olds aurora straightpiped with a glass pack as a cat. sounds absolutely asinine

Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by live2rice
I thought I heard my name too!

There is a time and a place for body kits and big spoilers, but on a basically otherwise stock car they are kind of out of place.

But this is just tacky:

That's not horrible but could be done better aesthetically, I'd change out the front lights, get some rims grannycaps just throws it all off. I don't like how the lip in the back curves, a small lip over the trunk seems fine to me but that's just overdoing it. The rear bumper is lulzy there's something to be said when I can look at your car from the side and see through it. I'd get rid of the scoop too.

Originally Posted by RobinsonRicer
Haha

I just love to laugh at all those around here. They have the body kits and a fart can and the cars sound horrible. They floor it and it sounds like its going fast, you take a look at the car is barely pushing 25mph down the street :P
Lol I agree, I see them all the time I work outside near busy streets so I hear and see hilariously modified cars all day long. Civics that look like they just got out of a scrap yard with a brand new fart can. I will admit freely, my Accord is a 4 door sedan, any modifications made outside of the engine compartment is purely aesthetic. I can floor it and do decent speed but I'm not holding a candle to any V6.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Just never paint the hood with black spray paint...

Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM

Lol, my hood and trunk are black primer but that is because my car is graphite and they were red

Old 05-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up Here Is My Ricer

And don't be laffing at it, cuz you'll hurt my feeling about it..A lot of work went into this Vehicle so don't blow it off cause you JUST might not like it..

Click The Pic..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Ricers, man come on.-rino-car.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by RobinsonRicer
Just never paint the hood with black spray paint...
Darn! I just finished taping off my headlights, though! Hahaha. *facepalm*

Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

LOL, the definition of ricer seems to vary from person to person.

Me, I consider any car with a non-functional bodykit/wing and zero improvements to performance a ricer. Basically, all show no go. I'd be lying if I said the RIGHT body kit doesn't look good on a car, though most of the ones I see are so out of proportion to the car they make it look like a Hot Wheels, LOL.

My old man considers anything Japanese a ricer. My Accord is bone stock and he always refers to it as the ricer, the burner, the Jap trap, etc.

There are a few, by my definition, ricers around here. The one that immediately comes to mind is an Eagle Talon with a green/gray paint job, body kit, spoiler, the works rolling around here. The guys at the parts store say it's just the baseline non-turbo model. I'm pretty sure the paint job alone cost more than the car's worth, LOL.