Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fs: early black VADER leather cover

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36

Fs: early black VADER leather cover

I have for sale a passenger side Vader seat leather cover in pretty good shape. Note it is 20 years old so there is some where but there's no rips or tears in the leather. I'm asking $148 shipped for it. Includes headrest, backrest, and seat bottom leather. Will only fit early style Vader seats 94-95. Nothing later than 95. The back portion of the vaders changed after 1995.

Last edited by Dinandave; 02-09-2014 at 04:28 PM.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Photos added, bump

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Bump

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Bump, pretty sure it'll fit the drivers side as well.

My Cars
    1995 318ti Clubsport
    are you sure about the 95 fitment? I know that they vaders insides changed... a LOT but the outside should still be the same.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Quote Originally Posted by erikerikerik View Post
    are you sure about the 95 fitment? I know that they vaders insides changed... a LOT but the outside should still be the same.

Yes 100% positive. The main difference is how the backrest leather attaches to the back of the seat. This cover will only work on early style vaders.

My Cars
    1995 318ti Clubsport
    I learn something new eeeeeeeevery day! Now I have to wait to see if what I have coming to me is early or late :X

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Quote Originally Posted by erikerikerik View Post
    I learn something new eeeeeeeevery day! Now I have to wait to see if what I have coming to me is early or late :X
    Ok well let me know.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    ^
    Last edited by Dinandave; 02-24-2014 at 07:58 PM.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Bump

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Bump

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    what is the difference in the way they attach themselves between the years?

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwstephen View Post
    what is the difference in the way they attach themselves between the years?
    The back of the leather attaches differently to the back of the seat. It's mounted like the headrests do where it has a plastic/rubber bordering that folds over and clips into place where as the newer style seat leather is longer on the sides and gets attached to the inner seat skeleton.

My Cars
    E36
    Can believe these are still here. Great value imo.

if you have the seat type on the left this cover suits.
    if you have the seat on the right the centre cover will not fit. The head rest and end base will fit the later model seat as there was on a change in the stitching on the headrest but this doesn't effect fitment. Just my 2 cent Glws

Last edited by Andrewde; 02-26-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    FOR SALE,

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinandave View Post
    The back of the leather attaches differently to the back of the seat. It's mounted like the headrests do where it has a plastic/rubber bordering that folds over and clips into place where as the newer style seat leather is longer on the sides and gets attached to the inner seat skeleton.
    So in terms of reupholstery, which version would be easier to take apart? I hate dealing with hog rings as in my experience doing e30 upholstery.

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewde View Post
    Can believe these are still here. Great value imo.

if you have the seat type on the left this cover suits.
    if you have the seat on the right the centre cover will not fit. The head rest and end base will fit the later model seat as there was on a change in the stitching on the headrest but this doesn't effect fitment. Just my 2 cent Glws

Isnt the picture on the left a luxury seat and not a vader?

My Cars
    E36
    The seat frames are all the same. Bmw never made a different frame for the Vader.The foam part is shaped different only at the top where you sit. The insert and groves are all the same Example sport/vader for pre face lift 92-95 e36. Sorry for high jacking the thread.
    FOR SALE,

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    Can believe these are still here. Great value imo. if you have the seat type on the left this cover suits. if you have the seat on the right the centre cover will not fit. The head rest and end base will fit the later model seat as there was on a change in the stitching on the headrest but this doesn't effect fitment. Just my 2 cent Glws
    Thank you. Hopefully someone grabs it soon.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    So in terms of reupholstery, which version would be easier to take apart? I hate dealing with hog rings as in my experience doing e30 upholstery.
    They both have the same amount of hogs rings... The difficulty is about the same.

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    The seat frames are all the same. Bmw never made a different frame for the Vader.The foam part is shaped different only at the top where you sit. The insert and groves are all the same Example sport/vader for pre face lift 92-95 e36. Sorry for high jacking the thread.
    Not true my friend. The early style seats did not have a removable back cover or skeleton like the later seats have. The foam however, is the same for all vaders and are interchangeable with the other frames. Literally the only difference is how the back rest leather mounts in the seat back and the stitching on the headrest.
    Last edited by Dinandave; 02-26-2014 at 12:14 PM.

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    Not true my friend. The early style seats did not have a removable back cover or skeleton like the later seats have. The foam however, is the same for all vaders and are interchangeable with the other frames. Literally the only difference is how the back rest leather mounts in the seat back and the stitching on the headrest.
    The covers are not removable at all?? Crap how else am i to address the supposed fold down cable that snapped.

Also with regard to how the leather and foam is held down to the frame, do all years use hog rings are are they simply clipped down?

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    The covers are not removable at all?? Crap how else am i to address the supposed fold down cable that snapped. Also with regard to how the leather and foam is held down to the frame, do all years use hog rings are are they simply clipped down?
    All years use hog rings no matter what. To fix your cable you have to remove the foam and leather from the seat. You can access the cable on the inside of the seat behind the foam. All you have to do is remove the headrest, unclip the leather from the sides of the seat, and pull the foam and leather forward. You'll have access to that cable. If you have to replace the entire cable you may want to pull the bottom portion off also.

My Cars
    e46 325XI, e36 M3
    All years use hog rings no matter what. To fix your cable you have to remove the foam and leather from the seat. You can access the cable on the inside of the seat behind the foam. All you have to do is remove the headrest, unclip the leather from the sides of the seat, and pull the foam and leather forward. You'll have access to that cable. If you have to replace the entire cable you may want to pull the bottom portion off also.
    wow thanks a lot dave. As far as the bottom foam cushion between the years. Is that any different? Looked like the PO took a knife to the bottom of the seat and there is a chunk of foam missing on mine

My Cars
    06/94 325ic E36
    wow thanks a lot dave. As far as the bottom foam cushion between the years. Is that any different? Looked like the PO took a knife to the bottom of the seat and there is a chunk of foam missing on mine
    Your welcome. All the seat bottoms are exactly the same. You can steal a little bit of foam from the back side of your back seat and most fabric places sell 1/2'' high density foam so you can fill and cover the missing chunk.

My Cars
    1994 M3 Eurospec (25/45)
    Ok, this might solve my problem - trying to save wear on the alcantara on my seats so either need a cover or a different seat. How difficult would it be to either just cover the alcantara with this, or swap them? I am NOT a particularly competant DIY'er, but if its just basic tools, etc I can probably handle it. Also my seats are manual non-heated.

1994 M3 Eurospec (Canadian Edition) #25 (http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=12244)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast