Vanity Fair January 2012 : Lady Gaga by Annie Leibovitz

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
tumblr_lveadk0LA31qzfukmo1_500.png

atrl.net

Go. Away.

The laundry shot reminds me of Meisel's shoot with Lily and Gemma.

Oh it's finally out! Wow 2 covers for Gaga in Jan.. Nice way to start the yearB)

Tire of her, but loving the last photo!

Sick of Gaga for anything, but this is gorgeous. The cover is so very striking. Good luck to VF trying to top it the rest of the year.

If you ask me, this is quite incredible for a Vanity Fair cover. It's undeniable that the cover catches your attention and I'm always in favor of celebrities having couture moments on mainstream magazines. I love the red of her clothes and I love that even the studio background is somewhat interesting (i.e. it's not all boring white or grey). On Gaga herself I am somewhat divided. I think she's horrendously overexposed and I don't care for many of her songs, but I also admire what a hard worker she is and having seen her live in concert, she is actually quite an incredible performer. She puts her heart and soul into her work and into making her fans happy and I respect that. So, getting back on topic, even though I don't make a habit of buying her covers, I will purchase this one for sure. It's a striking image on the cover, I like the editorial (or what I've seen of it so far), and Vanity Fair can usually be trusted to profile celebs in a more interesting manner than most other mainstream magazines.

I'm really getting Lady GaGa'd out at this point. Sick of her, Rihanna and Beyonce on the covers of magazines monthly. None of them is a supermodel!

I think Lady Gaga is really overexposed, but that said, I love this VF cover! The cover is so striking and will certainly standout from other magazines at the newsstands.

She looks absolutely beautiful on the cover and in the editorial

Very nice. I love the cover. It's so dramatic.

I think Lady Gaga is really overexposed, but that said, I love this VF cover! The cover is so striking and will certainly standout from other magazines at the newsstands.

I totally agree. Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce and any Kardashian are completely overexposed.
Anyhow, I usually expect crap from Leibovitz, but,
this is a pleasant surprise.
Really Nice!

whatever statement vanity fair tries to make with their first issue of the year, it's an absolutely great one! bravo!

Ditch the 'fix the economy' and the composition of the cover will be perfect. And convincingly enough to be a book cover.

Too bad it's for a thin January issue..

Fabulous cover and editorial. It's just a shame all the great ideas for fashion spreads are wasted on Gaga. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to that fact,lol. It's really, really stunning. Every shot. (minus her face :innocent: )

Fabulous cover and editorial. It's just a shame all the great ideas for fashion spreads are wasted on Gaga. Oh well, guess I'll have to get used to that fact,lol. It's really, really stunning. Every shot. (minus her face :innocent: )

:clap:couldn't have said it better myself, first VF cover to really tick all the boxes in a very very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimble
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->