Reporting Racism does nothing (Report with screenshots called not enough info)

Options
carnage4u
carnage4u Member Posts: 338
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

I submitted a ticket with someone saying racist and other terrible things. I get email back saying this was not enough info. Look at this crap the person said, and how is that NOT enough info?

I'm 460 hours into this game and I may quit over this.

Comments

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

You should edit out the name or the thread is going to get closed.

Did you include the SteamID64 in the ticket? Did they say exactly what info is missing?

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589
    Options

I'd say the steam ID was missing, making it hard to find the actual person.

He got 4k....what was his issue!!!

• carnage4u
    Options

Also I have never reported a person like this before. Luckily I don't see this type of person often.. I assume this company has chat logs and due to time of day I submitted the ticket, they could put 2+2 together with 5 minutes of effort.

• zackdaylight
    zackdaylight Member Posts: 190
    Options

Kid if you’re going to whine and “not play” an online game because of that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing online games in general. Maybe just stick to offline single player games.

• zackdaylight
    Options

“I’m 460 hours into this game and I may just quit over this”

• zackdaylight
    Options
  • zackdaylight
    Options

I also never said to get over it, I simply was stating that if OP was truly going to quit a game because he doesn’t like words that a player said and the devs didn’t do anything about it then maybe he should stick to offline single player games. Where he doesn’t have to deal with other people saying things he doesn’t like. If he’s overreacting that much about it then maybe he shouldn’t be in a place that’s prone to have it. Online gaming.

so then I’m I supposed to accept the fact that you called me “ignorant” or am I supposed to get you banned from this forum?

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    Options

The fact that you're posting the picture of the homophobic and racist words kinda makes me think you don't truly care. Some 1 posting the words vs some1 posting a picture of the words isn't much different imo.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,537
    Options

He didn't literally say "get over it".

But he definitely said "get over it".

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    edited December 2020
    Options

I'm gonna be that guy who says: who cares? You are aware you can turn chat off entirely right? Is this guy a clown for being racist? Yes. Is being a racist clown really that big of a deal? No, no it's not. This is the internet my dude, grow some thicker skin, it will do you wonders. Wanting this guy to be banned for being racist is just self satisfaction and by nature selfish and unhealthy, move on my dude it's not the end of the world.

• HollowsGrief
    Options

I can think of 50 things off the top of my head that are far more vile than just hating someone because of X reason.

• HollowsGrief
    Options

I'm saying that your attitude towards these things are what give them power to begin with. The fact that you react like this and it bothers you so much that some random guy you never met and likely will never met said something like this. Make no mistake, I'm not justifying the idiot who said those things, I'm just saying that if you let it bother you then you give his words power and ultimately you end up fueling the very thing you want to end. You don't have to agree with me, I'm pretty sure nothing I say will convince you to change your perspective, I'm just laying out the truth because it never changes and hoping one day you do figure it out. It's not different than someone insulting a nerd for being a nerd, the sooner the nerd stops letting it bother him the sooner people will get bored of trying to attack him with it, and for the record I am speaking from experience not hypothetical virtual signaling.

• Klakky
    Klakky Member Posts: 444
    Options

I reported cheaters with video proof them cheating in various ways and they still don't have a fresh vac or game ban just the same old as usual... It's like they don't care report is just for show apparently

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2020
    Options

On Twitter they blocked people for saying "ew" to pride post but this dude gets to keep playing. Maybe they should put Twitter person in charge of the end game chat bans.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

I mean it's not even well thought out, articulate trolling. All it does is make them look unintelligent.

The first thing that hits me when I see stuff like that is 'omg I feel sorry for how much of an npc you are'.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,188
    Options

You just have to make an in-game report for verbal harassment and they will have all the info they need.

you won’t get an email as response for this.. seems like you make an additional player report that was completely unnecessary.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I think BHVR needs to make it much clearer how to report someone for stuff like this and what information, exactly, they need. If they reject a report, they should also be clear about what information was missing.

I'm honestly surprised that they don't have a filter that automatically blocks slurs in the chat at this point.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,188
    Options

They give information on what is missing though, I had some report where I didn’t attach video proof and they asked for it (without immediately rejecting it)

in my first report I also didn’t add the other players steam ID and got an email that informed me about it..

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

The difference is, the N word is much more sensitive than calling someone a nerd as an insult because it's a symbol of what black people's ancestors went through and it's a reminder of how black people have been oppressed their whole lives. Calling someone a nerd is so miniscule compared to the N word.

We can agree to disagree, but my point is, racism should never be tolerated and it should never go overlooked in video games. A game is a place where people go to have fun after a long day at work or something, not a place where people go to get mentally brought down because some 12 year old lost and decided to become spiteful.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    Options

Dude, i got insulted too, for winning and being italian, called bad and racist names and all during my livestream, reported and nothing happend

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    edited December 2020
    Options

This isn't really racist though.

Homophobic, probably. And whatever word means you dont like people with learning difficulties. But its not racist.

A word needs to be used a certain way to be classed a racist.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

Man .. don't be banning ppl for trash talk. We'd lose half the players. Trolls are fun and keeps me engaged.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,188
    edited December 2020
    Options

I just looked back on it and you're right, I don't know where the OP got racism from. However the most likely reason is one of the survivors was racist but you just couldn't see it because the OP had the chat scrolled down in the screenshot.

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options

Yeah. I guess that could be possible. In which case OP took the wrong screenshot, which explains why it isn't sufficient proof of racism.

However, I am simply highlight the mistake in what the OP has said in this post. I think there is plenty of information in the screenshot that the mods should have taken some action against it, racism or otherwise.

I would also hope that all post-game chat is stored by the devs and the full history can be reviewed.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450
    Options

They would save themselves a lot of work and trouble by getting rid of this chat.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450
    Options

Yeah well the days of freedom of speech is over like it or not.

With that said of course everyone who can't behave in chat should get banned. Or even better just close chat for good and no one will deal with toxic messages ever again.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I'm totally fine with someone having consequences for what they say, @Orion already posted a good response about free speech so I'm not going to repeat it.

I wasn't saying someone saying "ew" to the pride post shouldn't have been blocked - it was more so that their actual statement didn't even contain a slur but action was taken against them (and quickly) while this dude was able to use several slurs without consequence.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Are you really surprised? They allow transphobic and homophobic people on their discord server but don't allow jokes in between friends that aren't even offensive.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655
    Options

If someone is being abusive in end game chat, use the in-game report option. That automatically gives the devs a copy of the chatlog and direct access to the players account.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

So are you trying to say behavior sympathizes with racists and homophobes? Or are you just upset because you don't have the self satisfaction of seeing your report cause someone to face consequences? Or are you upset because you truly feel that if this person was banned that they would self reflect on their life decisions and all the sudden not be a racist pos? I'm trying to understand the point of giving idiot trolls the attention they are after.

• carnage4u
    Options

I am upset the company doesn't seem to take action against people like that. The person may not change, but their needs to be consequences for their actions.