Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Artifact

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have imported a few Raw images into Photoshop. After using different adjustments in Camera Raw, the image now has weird purple dots all over. In some cases there's new noise (white dots) for no apparent reason.

If I repeat the operation on the original image, these artifacts will appear on different pixels of the image, leading me to conclude that the issue is in how the software is interpreting my image. These artifacts are baked into the image if I exported (example on a JPEG).

I've attached examples of what happens. I can attach more if needed.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system, version of photoshop and camera raw are you using?

What camera are the images from?

Can you post an exaple camera raw image so other users can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, thanks for your reply.

I am using Photoshop 2023 version 23.2.1 Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Camera Raw Version 15.2.0.1381

Camera is Nikon Coolpix 340
I tried adding the original NRW file to the post but it's not accepting it. The format is not accepted as an attachement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a site like Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure,

I have uploaded them here, you can access with the link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eo84vIEKILyqllal7HRYinNhoqfcZYkO?usp=sharing

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything on this end so far.

What specific adjustments in camera raw are you applying?

Maybe you could supply the relevant .xmp files that should be present in the same folder as the .NRW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your interest in my issue. 

I used adjusments such as Adaptive Sky (Blue Drama), Seasons (one of the winter's WN). That being said, the purple dots appear even right after I have opened the NRW file in Photoshop, without applying filters.

I have uploaded the .xmp and .acr files on the shared folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eo84vIEKILyqllal7HRYinNhoqfcZYkO?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, so you have opened the NRWs on your side and don't get the purple dots that I do?

That would mean that the problem is on my computer, procressor, software update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes so far i haven't been able to see those purple dots here.

Do you actually see the purple dots in camera raw or only after the image is opened in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the weird dots. Are the weird dots in the files or could it be a monitor issue? If it might be a monitor issue, try changing the setting in Preferences > Performance, Graphics Processor settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara, thank you for your reply. The dots are in the exported jepgs. I have attached one on my first post. Will attach the rest here and on the shared box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines