CaV Kirby(GilgameshthePimp) vs Buu (TWK)

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online

Kirby

No Caption Provided

Vs

Majin Buu

No Caption Provided

Stipulations

• Composite versions of both
  • Anime and manga feats allowed
  • This is Buu before he unlocked the kai’s memories
  • in character
  • Kirby starts on his warp star
  • Fight takes place in the hyperbolic time chamber

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TAEP.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't taep i will end you

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aww, the match up is cute ^_^

T4V.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

TAEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump for votes

CaptainCoolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirby: The Pink Demon

"Poyo!"
Loading Video...

Ok then, Now I'm aware I'm likely the underdog in this battle, given Dragon Ball's high reputation around these parts, but rest assured, this is a debate I've been wanting to do for a while now. Here I'm going to show why Masahiro Sakurai's Pink Puffball can beat a monster like Buu.

We'll start this debate by me highlighting the 3 main aspects of this battle, and how Kirby uses them in order to win.

Advantage I: Physical Strength

Now this is certainly something I wanna get across, as I'm pretty comfortable in thinking that Kirby has quite an advantage in this category.

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods

Now as far as I'm aware, the first time anyone in DBZ did a planet-level striking feat was here when SSJ3 Goku punched Beerus, which whilst impressive, isn't enough to overtax Kirby by my metrics.

Kirby of the Stars: Super Deluxe Chapter 5
Kirby of the Stars: Super Deluxe Chapter 5

Here we see Kirby destroying Pop Star (basically a planet in the shape of a star) with a single, casual punch, putting him at Planet+ striking strength. Now I'm aware that the planet Goku punched through had 10x gravity, thus making it a better feat (though their is a difference between punching someone through a planet and making the planet implode practically by accident), but here's the catch to that.

Kirby Super Star
Kirby Super Star

Popstar's own gravity is strong enough to not only have a moon, but even a sun/star orbiting around it (or fighting around it, in this instance), showing that it has a gravitational pull much stronger than anything like Earth, and thus balancing this feat out and pitting it in Kirby's favour imo. So as a whole, in a slug fest, I see Kirby coming out on top, even if Buu scales above the SSJ3 feat, since this isn't Kirby's best feat, not by quite a bit, but we'll get to that at a later point in time and when I see where you put Buu at.

And whilst Buu's healing factor is majorly impressive, it hasn't stopped stopped him from being KO'd for some time from powerful blunt force attacks without giving him a chance to regenerate, like what happened with Beerus, so whilst I'll admit Kirby can't outright kill Buu with raw punching power (he can kill him via other ways, which I'll get into in a bit), a KO is certainly plausible.

Advantage II: Counters to Buu's Projectiles/General Versatility

Now then, in regards to Buu's energy attacks, they are undoubtedly what makes him special and are what's needed to put Kirby down, but unfortunately for you, whilst Kirby has multiple outs to projectiles, he has the perfect out in particular:

Loading Video...

(stops at 38:34). This also doubles as a durability feat of Kirby no-selling a planet wide-explosion).

And that power happens to be Kirby's main-stay, Inhalation, and in particular, the powered up version acquired thanks to the Hypernova copy ability. With this ability, Kirby can absorb basically any kind of attack and either absorb it into his pocket dimension of a stomach, or in this instance against Sectonia (whom whilst this laser is technically featless, between in-universe logic, creator's intent and Sectonia's general size, it's pretty clear that it could destroy Popstar at the very least), right back into his enemies face. What's more is that no matter what the size of projectile Buu throws at Kirby, it'll still fit in Hypernova's mouth, as we see it being capable of shrinking projectiles as they are being swallowed, meaning that simply overwhelming Kirby with a bigger ball of death ain't gonna cut it.

Kirby Right Back at Ya episode 42: Prediction Predicament Part 2
Kirby Right Back at Ya episode 42: Prediction Predicament Part 2

And the best part is that any attack Kirby spits out gets a boost in power, an example of this being here, where without Hypernova, Kirby spits out a volley of ordinary cannonballs in order to push back this meteor away from Popstar, which was stated to be able to destroy the planet. So overall, should Buu try & fire off one of his bigger projectiles (or lord help him if he tries his Candy Beam), it'll get sent right back to him with twice the force, promptly doing some major damage, if not outright kill him, whilst leaving Kirby as healthy as a rose.

Advantage III: Speed

And finally, the last segment will be speed, which will certainly be a major part of this debate, but one I think Kirby can win, all thanks to his trusty Warp Star, a magic, glorified space surfboard, which Kirby can reach insane speeds with.

Kirby Squeak Squad
Kirby Squeak Squad

My personal favourite example of this comes from Squeak Squad, where the Warp Star travels between different galaxies in the matter of a most a couple seconds, putting it at well over FTL speeds.

Kirby Air Ride
Kirby Air Ride

But I see why many would think to just chuck this up to mere travel speed, but thankfully for me, these kinds of speeds can translate into combat thanks to Kirby Air Ride, in which Kirby is flying around at high speeds (I think it's safe to say that going "20 mph" is a case of numbers being contradicted with feats), and not only reacting to other racers who ride Air Machines who are at least similar in speed to the Warp Star, but fighting/tagging them as he goes along, showing that Kirby can react & fight opponents going at the Warp Star's speeds. Now admittedly I have no idea about where people put Buu's speed, so I'll save any initial judgements for now, but needless to say you'll need to impress me.

Conclusion/TL;DR:

Whilst I'll admit mostly basing this intro based on the canon Manga and nothing from any anime original scenes or amped up manga feats, so maybe I'm unaware of some crucial details, but from what I know Kirby has all of the means to win this bout. He's got the strength to more than match Buu, the durability to take a good amount of punishment, the speed to keep up or potentially outpace, and the toolkit to deal with Buu's own (and I haven't even revealed a fraction of all of Kirby's tricks yet), so I see Kirby coming out on top, but I'll wait to see your side of the argument.

1. Kirby should have the strength to overpower Buu in H2H
  2. Hypernova/Inhale makes all of Buu's projectiles free ammo for Kirby
  3. The Wrap Star gives Kirby more than enough speed to at worst keep pace
  4. I still have parts to discuss, as such more Copy Abilities & Durability, but this'll be all for a starting taste, let's see what Buu brings to the table.
You're up.
You're up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

nicely done.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online

Majin Buu

No Caption Provided

Bio

Though it was once thought that Bibidi made him, in truth Buu actually has existed since time immemorial. He cycled between rampages and long hibernation. During numerous iterations of this cycle, he absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent. The evil wizard Bibidi merely knew the means of calling Buu from out of his long slumber.This monster was a virtually invincible force of destruction, and, because of his absolutely wild and ruthless nature, he could not be controlled, even by Bibidi himself.Due to the destruction caused by both Kid Buu, Majin Buu developed a fearsome reputation in Universe 7, enough that King Cold warned Frieza to never oppose Majin Buu.

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Kid_Buu

Now since I have a composite Buu I will go over his main forms from weakest to strongest.

1. Fat Buu
  2. Evil Buu
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Super Buu
  5. Buutenks
  6. Buuhan

This is important, as anything that can be performed by say Fat Buu for instance, would be beyond casual for stronger versions of Buu(like Buutenks or Buuhan).

Strength

Punches Ultimate Gohan’s blast through the Earth easily.

Kid Buu‘s trading blows with ssj3 Goku creates large shockwaves on Supreme Kai’s planet.

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Dabura with a single kick as Fat Buu, who was stated to be as powerful as Cell.

Speed

To understand how fast Buu is requires a bit of scaling.

As a kid Goku received training to make himself quicker than lightning after training with Kami. We even see him dodge lightning as a result of it.

Goku during the 23rd tenkaichi budokai was even moving too fast for Kami to perceive in his fight with Piccolo.

No Caption Provided

Fast forward to the Namek saga Freiza in his final form can fire energy blasts that appeared as nothing more than a flash of light.

When Goku faced Freiza he was able to easily deflect all of these in his base form.

And escaped Freiza’s paralyzing light with super speed.

Despite that at 50% Freiza was capable of easily blitzing him.

Once Goku went ssj not only was he able to blitz Freiza, but was so fast Freiza struggled to tag him at all.

So how does Buu compare with this? Well Fat Buu is capable of blitzing ssj3 Goku

No Caption Provided

And gave even faster characters like ssj3 Gotenks trouble as Super Buu.

Regeneration/Durability

Due to how biology Buu’s is durability is weird(any piercing attacks pierces him for example).However he makes up for that due to his regen, which makes it pretty much impossible for him to be put down unless you destroy literally every ounce of his body at once.

We see how good it is back when Majin Vegeta blew himself in an attempt to kill Buu. Keep in mind Vegeta could blow up planets since the saiyan saga, and despite being a ssj2 failed to kill Buu.

Regenerates from smoke.

Casually regenerates from vapor

No Caption Provided

He is able to durable enough to tank hits from people like ssj3 Gotenks(who is more powerful than Goku).

Abilities

Shows off his telekinesis and matter manipulation by lifting an entire city’s worth of people and turning them into candy.

Can sense people’s Ki.

Can copy techniques( like the Kai’s instantaneous movement) instantly upon seeing it once.

Spawn ghosts that explode upon impact

No Caption Provided

As you probably know Buu’s casually capable of planet busting with energy attacks.

And of course, like Kirby can absorb others(making him stronger, smarter and get their techniques).

Quick counters

So as a whole, in a slug fest, I see Kirby coming out on top, even if Buu scales above the SSJ3 feat, since this isn't Kirby's best feat, not by quite a bit, but we'll get to that at a later point in time and when I see where you put Buu at.

I’d argue Buu can compete in this area, for reasons I will go over in my next post.

And whilst Buu's healing factor is majorly impressive, it hasn't stopped stopped him from being KO'd for some time from powerful blunt force attacks without giving him a chance to regenerate, like what happened with Beerus,

I have no idea why you’re using this when DBS rectonned the fight to Beerus using an energy blast to put down Buu.

No Caption Provided

so whilst I'll admit Kirby can't outright kill Buu with raw punching power (he can kill him via other ways, which I'll get into in a bit), a KO is certainly plausible.

It would be difficult to pull off with Buu’s healing abilities.

This also doubles as a durability feat of Kirby no-selling a planet wide-explosion).

Tanking a planet sized plant exploding isn’t as impressive as tanking an actual planet explosion. I could also point out that due to the AoE Kirby wouldn’t be tanking the full force of the explosion but regardless Buu can easily blast with over 10x the power needed to destroy earth.

against Sectonia (whom whilst this laser is technically featless, between in-universe logic, creator's intent and Sectonia's general size, it's pretty clear that it could destroy Popstar at the very least),

Based on?

What's more is that no matter what the size of projectile Buu throws at Kirby, it'll still fit in Hypernova's mouth, as we see it being capable of shrinking projectiles as they are being swallowed, meaning that simply overwhelming Kirby with a bigger ball of death ain't gonna cut it.

I’m sure you can prove this right? That blast in particular wasn’t very large. Though even so, Kirby isn’t going to be able to suck in every blast Buu fires. He doesn’t have the ability to use different power sets at the same time, so if he wanted to switch to the abilities of say fighter Kirby, this wouldn’t be a factor( unless I’m missing something).

And the best part is that any attack Kirby spits out gets a boost in power, an example of this being here, where without Hypernova, Kirby spits out a volley of ordinary cannonballs in order to push back this meteor away from Popstar, which was stated to be able to destroy the planet.

Literally nothing supports this. I watched the episode and while yes, he redirected the asteroid it was never stated that anything he swallows gets a power boost when he spits them out. At best this just means he spits with more force than a cannon, it doesn’t prove much else.

So overall, should Buu try & fire off one of his bigger projectiles (or lord help him if he tries his Candy Beam), it'll get sent right back to him with twice the force, promptly doing some major damage, if not outright kill him, whilst leaving Kirby as healthy as a rose.

I seriously hope you didn’t base this argument of screwattack’s deathbattle where Kirby won by doing this very thing. In truth it would never work.

1. It’s Buu’s own Ki blast, Buu would still have control over it and can just send it back.
  2. Even we pretended Buu for some reason lost control of it(for some reason, Buu could still push it back. He literally pushed back the spirit bomb when it was thrown at him, an attack that actually had the power to kill him. It’s not like he will just stand there and take it.... though even if he did that brings me to my next point.
  3. It takes more power than Buu has to kill him... really. SSJ3 Goku was as strong as or slightly more powerful than Kid Buu, yet even a full power blast couldn’t put him down. Kid Buu literally regenerates right afterwards laughing it off, and proceed to dominate Goku with tons of Ki blasts.

Buu isn’t getting hit with his own attack, and even if by some miracle Buu did let himself be hit by it he‘ll be fine.

But I see why many would think to just chuck this up to mere travel speed, but thankfully for me, these kinds of speeds can translate into combat thanks to Kirby Air Ride, in which Kirby is flying around at high speeds (I think it's safe to say that going "20 mph" is a case of numbers being contradicted with feats), and not only reacting to other racers who ride Air Machines who are at least similar in speed to the Warp Star, but fighting/tagging them as he goes along, showing that Kirby can react & fight opponents going at the Warp Star's speeds.

I’m kinda at a loss for words here. I mean, seriously? You didn’t prove to me all the vehicles in that game are equal to the warp star at its fastest, making this scaling not work. I looked at some YouTube videos and it seems that the warp star is a playable vehicle for the game (correct me if I’m wrong)which if is right so what? The fact that the game literally lists the speed the vehicles move at debunks any scaling here. If the warp star or vehicles in that game, were shown traveling through solar systems in seconds and it still said they were moving at 25 mph then sure, your scaling might make sense. But I see no proof that the warp star would have been moving at its max speed in this game, so scaling the other vehicles to the top speed of the warp star(which it clearly wasn’t going at due to in game stated speed) is illogical.

As far as I see it Kirby isn’t as fast as Buu is in combat speed at all.If that’s the case then really nothing stops this from happening to Kirby.

No Caption Provided

Initial thoughts

• Thus far Buu seems to be the more powerful of the two.
  • Buu is faster in combat
  • Buu can compete in strength
  • Buu has the durability/regen to make being put down difficult
  • Buu from what I know of Kirby, is a far smarter fighter.
  • Buu has energy projection above what you have shown Kirby can withstand.
  • If nothing else Buu can just absorb Kirby which is an in character tactic( especially if Buu’s opponent is powerful).
  • Buu has what is needed to pull a win based on what you’ve presented so far.
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the candy beam allowed?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Is the candy beam allowed?

Yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counter: Monsters Collide

No Caption Provided

Counters:

Punches Ultimate Gohan’s blast through the Earth easily.

These shouldn't be anything Kirby can't handle, even if this was only by weaker Buus. Destroying a planet is still more impressive than punching through one for fairly clear reasons, and given how Kirby was able to perform this feat as casually as he did & the context of Popstar, he should still be more than enough to outpace this.

Kid Buu‘s trading blows with ssj3 Goku creates large shockwaves on Supreme Kai’s planet.

Is their anything that says the Supreme Kai's planet is larger than normal earth? Cause otherwise this ain't that impressive by Kirby's standard.

Knocks out Dabura with a single kick as Fat Buu, who was stated to be as powerful as Cell.

I'm going to need some context as to why being as strong as Cell is impressive. Don't remember any kind of durability feats which'd make this impressive.

As a kid Goku received training to make himself quicker than lightning after training with Kami. We even see him dodge lightning as a result of it. Goku during the 23rd tenkaichi budokai was even moving too fast for Kami to perceive in his fight with Piccolo. Fast forward to the Namek saga Freiza in his final form can fire energy blasts that appeared as nothing more than a flash of light. When Goku faced Freiza he was able to easily deflect all of these in his base form. And escaped Freiza’s paralyzing light with super speed. Despite that at 50% Freiza was capable of easily blitzing him. Once Goku went ssj not only was he able to blitz Freiza, but was so fast Freiza struggled to tag him at all.

This is cool & all, but unless we assume Freeiza's attacks are truly light speed (something you showed nothing for), then all we're really doing as far as I can tell is upscaling from Lightning speed & FTE feats, which shouldn't be enough to overtax Kirby's FTL speeds even to this insane of a degree.

But even assuming these too be light speed, Kirby should still have the speeds to at least compete, given the other LS opponents he scales to & Air Ride Machines Kirby faced (the scaling part I'll go over during my next post), so blitzing Kirby down still doesn't seem likely to me.

So how does Buu compare with this? Well Fat Buu is capable of blitzing ssj3 Goku

This doesn't seem to line up based on watching the fight for myself.

Dragon Ball Z: Episode 245-246

Throughout the fight from the gif you presented, the blitzing ratio was solidly in Goku's favour, doing it much more often to Buu than vice-versa (these gifs being examples of the speed gap being presented, & Buu only did it like 2-3ish times & one time it was by surprise due to his stretchy body). This makes all of the times Buu blitzed him weirdly inconsistent from my perspective, especially due to Goku's quickly decreasing energy due to the nature of SSJ3 making the times he did (e.g. the gif you posted) a bit dodgier by me perspective. With this in mind, I wouldn't call Fat Buu faster than SSJ3 Goku, at best they seem like equals from what you've shown me.

And gave even faster characters like ssj3 Gotenks trouble as Super Buu.

I'm going to need some kind of reference point to the difference between Goku & Gotenks regarding speed in order to truly be impressed by this.

Due to how biology Buu’s durability is weird(any piercing attacks pierces him for example).

Well then keep in mind then that Kirby does have piercing capabilities in the form of his Sword ability (or the more powerful Ultra Sword, if he's feeling spicy), so that's another option Kirby can use in terms of fighting Buu, essentially making him be forced to take the time to regenerate rather than have more opportunities to fight back.

However he makes up for that due to his regen, which makes it pretty much impossible for him to be put down unless you destroy literally every ounce of his body at once. We see how good it is back when Majin Vegeta blew himself in an attempt to kill Buu. Keep in mind Vegeta could blow up planets since the saiyan saga, and despite being a ssj2 failed to kill Buu. Regenerates from smoke. Casually regenerates from vapor.

Certianly very potent, and Kirby's main hurdle to get over in order to in win this bout, but ultimately, through the methods I demonstrated, going H2H is the perfect way to bypass this, since that'll allow Kirby's strength to allow a KO & use the Inhalation of the projectiles as a means of defending against the only attacks that truly threaten him, rendering it only a matter of time before victory.

He is able to tank hits from people like ssj3 Gotenks(who is more powerful than Goku).

This shouldn't be enough to make Kirby unable to beat Buu in this category, since simply put, even if Gotenks could one-shot a planet the way Kirby did, the people Kirby scales above is simply on a grander scale in strength, so how about we show that off a bit:

Kirby Squeak Squad
Kirby Squeak Squad

Kirby has previously defeated Meta Knight multiple times. (heck in Super Star, Meta Knight forced him to use a Sword, and he still lost).

Kirby Planet Robobot

Now the reason that's impressive is because Meta Knight has his own feat of defeating Galacta Knight, someone who was stated to destroy multiple planets as mere collateral damage (i.e. multi-planet strength without even going after planets directly). This kind of insane strength would be good enough against Buu if it was Meta Knight who got the statement, but considering that Kirby scales 2 steps above this instead makes me seriously doubt if Buu has ever faced someone with this kind of striking strength behind them.

Shows off his telekinesis and matter manipulation by lifting an entire city’s worth of people and turning them into candy.

This TK doesn't seem like something like a move Buu would pull in-character. afaik he never tried this trick on any of the protags he fought, so I doubt he'll use it here. And as for The Candy Beam itself, whilst it is certianly potent, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Dragon Ball Chapter 311
Dragon Ball Chapter 311

For starters, it seem like that, unless I'm missing something, those who are transmuted still have their physical strength, are fully conscious & can even use their techniques, given that Vegito can still fly here. As such, this shouldn't affect too much & would probably just result in the same situation as what happens here i.e. makes Kirby an even smaller target that he is already, and just makes Buu transmute him back ( tbh, Kirby's size is a minor point to bring up, given Buu's never fought someone of Kirby's tiny statuer afaik, making him a much more awkward opponent to fight compared to a regular dudes).

Another issue is that nothing's stopping Kirby from just inhaling the candy beam & spitting it right back at Buu (we'll go over your counter towards it later), or swallowing it whole & storing it in his pocket dimension, never to be seen again.

Kirby Squeak Squad
Kirby Squeak Squad

Finally is that this is a stunt Kirby can do as well thanks to the Bubble copy ability, instantly transmuting Buu into a, well, bubble, all without the downside of having his stats being kept around. So should Kirby decide to go with this option, it seems like it'll do wonders in putting Buu down for good.

Can sense people’s Ki.

This shouldn't be much of a factor due to the slug-fest nature of how this battle will go down, meaning neither of our characters will be really hiding.

Can copy techniques( like the Kai’s instantaneous movement) instantly upon seeing it once.

How would this work on something like Hypernova, something inherently based on Kirby's biology & internal pocket dimension? The techniques Buu 9Ki blasts, teleportation etc.) learnt can be done by just about anyone/thing in DBZ given enough time, meanwhilst Kirby's Inhale is something you can't just learn/copy due to how it connects with his unique mechanics. Whilst this'll work on a lot of Kirby's power I'll admit, but Inhale (the most important one) seems like it won't work.

Spawn ghosts that explode upon impact

These shouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, especially since afaik, we never actually see them explode on anyone, making it hard to judge how potent they really are. And nothing's stopping Kirby from just swallowing them.

As you probably know Buu’s casually capable of planet busting with energy attacks.

With the amount of options presented to Kirby for delaying with high-level projectiles, mainly his Inhale (though he has other ways), as I've mentioned before, all the projectiles just become free ammo for Kirby to spit back at Buu.

But assuming that these lasers do hit Kirby through Inhale & the raw speed of the warp star, Kirby has the durability to take these attacks:

Loading Video...

Whilst Kirby was KO'd for an unspecified amount of time (though it couldn't have been that long given his allies still were waiting around), he did recover from a blast that was easily large planet level at least, just on the sheer distance it covered & being able to outpace the Star Allies Sparkler (which should be a worst comparable to the warp-star), not to mention the arena where Kirby fought Void Termina (around 2:20 for a good view of the arena) has enough room for a whole bunch of planetoids. And even better, when Kirby woke up he was as happy as can be, like nothing ever happened. This should show that Kirby has enough durability to take a butt-load of punishment, and will make Buu have to work super hard to truly kill him.

And of course, like Kirby can absorb others(making him stronger, smarter and get their techniques).

Fortunately, this is something both of our characters can do, so this is essentially equalized.

Dragon Ball Z: Episode 246
Dragon Ball Z: Episode 246

Not to mention that it seems that this is something that enough raw force/AOE is enough to bust through the absorption before completion, which Kirby certianly possesses thanks to his wide arsenal of tools. Crash in particular is worth note here, as with it he can basically replicate what Goku does here (note that all copy abilities function on an at worst similar scale to Kirby's regular physicals, so the AP needed to break through Buu shouldn't be a problem).

I have no idea why you’re using this when DBS rectonned the fight to Beerus using an energy blast to put down Buu.

Both of them show off the same thing however, that Buu can be KO'd whilst bypassing/ignoring his healing factor, so my point comes across either way, I just used the BoG's version of the fight in order to show a more 'accurate' version of what Kirby'll do.

And if anything getting a Ki blast instead of a fist to the face is worse for Buu, given how you can't even claim he survived a hit from Beerus for a decent, purely blunt force durability feat.

It would be difficult to pull off with Buu’s healing abilities.

How would his healing factor effect him being KO'd? Kirby using fisticuffs means that he'd be actively bypassing the HF given Buu's never outright imploded & needed to regenerate from a high level punch iirc. Whilst the projectiles Kirby inhales will be sent back at Buu, they aren't the primary means of putting him down for good (tbh, if anything inhale serves more defensive purposes than offensive).

Tanking a planet sized plant exploding isn’t as impressive as tanking an actual planet explosion. I could also point out that due to the AoE Kirby wouldn’t be tanking the full force of the explosion but regardless Buu can easily blast with over 10x the power needed to destroy earth.

That's fair, but the feat I provided earlier should show that Kirby can take a lot of punishment anywhos, and certianly enough to survive this attack.

Based on? I’m sure you can prove this right? That blast in particular wasn’t very large.

I gave you my reasonings in my opener, but just to reiterate them:

1. In-universe logic, given that it wouldn't really make sense of Sectonia, a being who can hold her own against Kirby, to be unable to planet bust, especially without any real absurd hax to balance it out.
  2. Other beings in the Kirbyverse being planet+ level threats (namely Dark Matter, Galacta Knight & Magalor) making that Sectonia not being on an at least similar level doesn't really add up given how big of a threat she's hyped up to be.
  3. Her size of wrapping around the entire planet after merging with the Dreamstalk makes it pretty clear on scale alone.
  4. Creators Intention is pretty clearly shown through all of the previous points.

So yeah, with all this in mind, Sectonia's laser should be at least planet level, lack of feats or size be damned.

Though even so, Kirby isn’t going to be able to suck in every blast Buu fires.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Kirby's has & can suck in multiple projectiles at once even in base & against ultra-powerful beings like Master Crown amped Magalor, so I'd disagree, especially when Hypernova gets involved.

He doesn’t have the ability to use different power sets at the same time, so if he wanted to switch to the abilities of say fighter Kirby, this wouldn’t be a factor( unless I’m missing something).

Kirby Right Back at Ya Finale: Fright to The Finish
Kirby Right Back at Ya Finale: Fright to The Finish

Luckily for me, Kirby has shown the ability to use multiple powers at once, as seen here when he uses his Inhale whilst still using the Bomb ability (something I won't be covering due to it being un-needed), so that works out in Kirby's favour & shows he can use multiple things at once.

Kirby Super Star
Kirby Super Star

And even if Kirby couldn't, he's shown the ability to cycle through all of his abilities basically instantly & use them like normal, so it's more than possible for him to mix & match to suit the situation.

Literally nothing supports this. I watched the episode and while yes, he redirected the asteroid it was never stated that anything he swallows gets a power boost when he spits them out. At best this just means he spits with more force than a cannon, it doesn’t prove much else.

It's pretty clear just based on the feat itself that the cannonballs were bumped up in power, otherwise the moment they got in close proximity with that meteor, I at least would bet good money on those cannonballs being melted down before they could even touch the part of the meteor that'd make it be pushed back. No amount of increase force would change that afaik.

And even if it didn't directly increase the power of the cannonballs, as you said, it's clear they are sent with at least a lot more force, so either way different wording, same result. i.e. Buu's projectile being fired at him with extra force.

It’s Buu’s own Ki blast, Buu would still have control over it and can just send it back.

Based on how Buu has to sit still & hold his hands out, it seems like Buu has to actively concentrate on the Ki blast & nothing else in order to move it the way he wants, leaving him a sitting duck which lets Kirby lay the smackdown on him.

Not to mention this won't really matter if Kirby launches the Ki Blast right in Buu's face, giving him no chance to move it before he's hit with it.

Even we pretended Buu for some reason lost control of it(for some reason, Buu could still push it back. He literally pushed back the spirit bomb when it was thrown at him, an attack that actually had the power to kill him.

Thing is though, is that what he pushed back wasn't even a full power Spirit Bomb.

Dragon Ball Chapter 322
Dragon Ball Chapter 322

Vegeta made it pretty clear that the Spirit Bomb couldn't kill Buu due to Goku not having the power/energy to pull it off, and even then, Buu was clearly struggling & had to use his maximum effort to push it back.

Dragon Ball Chapter 322

But when Goku received that power needed thanks to Porunga & turned into his SSJ form, Buu was immediately overwhelmed & obliterated by The Spirit Bomb in just a couple pages. So saying he could over power an attack that could kill him seems off to me given the context.

It’s not like he will just stand there and take it.... though even if he did that brings me to my next point.

Honestly it seems like he would try & take it. It seems more likely that Buu would try and block like he did here instead of moving out of the way, since he also did a similar thing with Gotenks in his Super form (i.e. instead of trying to dodge it, decides to just take it & flex about how strong he is).

It takes more power than Buu has to kill him... really. SSJ3 Goku was as strong as or slightly more powerful than Kid Buu, yet even a full power blast couldn’t put him down. Kid Buu literally regenerates right afterwards laughing it off, and proceed to dominate Goku with tons of Ki blasts.

Fair enough, but it's still seems safe to say that any projectile that hits him will force him to regenerate, and as such clearly showing Kirby he'll need other ways around Buu, which he does via H2H Koing him or transmutation/other forms of hax he has which I haven't covered.

Buu isn’t getting hit with his own attack, and even if by some miracle Buu did let himself be hit by it he‘ll be fine.

And Kirby will be off even better, since he'll be efficiently burning out Buu's options for victory, forcing him to, after all of his in-character options (Ki blasts, absorption & Candy Beam), he'll be essentially forced to go H2H, which'll ultimately lead him to his demise.

I’m kinda at a loss for words here. I mean, seriously? You didn’t prove to me all the vehicles in that game are equal to the warp star at its fastest, making this scaling not work.

Kirby Air Ride
Kirby Air Ride

Fortunately for me, all the Warp Star have stats, and their are several Air Ride Machines that are actually faster than the Warp Star, making reacting to them all the more impressive.

which if is right so what? The fact that the game literally lists the speed the vehicles move at debunks any scaling here. If the warp star or vehicles in that game, were shown traveling through solar systems in seconds and it still said they were moving at 25 mph then sure, your scaling might make sense. But I see no proof that the warp star would have been moving at its max speed in this game, so scaling the other vehicles to the top speed of the warp star(which it clearly wasn’t going at due to in game stated speed) is illogical.

Keep in mind they aren't exactly trying to pace themselves, given they're boosting all over the place & well, trying to win a race, so them intentionally going slower instead of their highest level speeds possible makes negative level sense to me at least. Another thing to considering that even by the Warp Star's lowest of low-end showings, going 25mph is a pretty extreme outlier, so this also adds to the layer of inconsistency regarding these numbers.

Conclusion:

This will certianly be an interesting debate, one with a lot to consider, but as of now, not much from my opener seems to have changed. Kirby's punching power is still a prime way of bypassing Buu's healing factor (what's arguably his greatest asset in this fight) due to it only KOing him, & other methods that Kirby has such as Bubble allows him to have alternative methods of victory even if Koing Buu doesn't work.

Whilst on the flip side, Buu's Candy Beam won't seem to work due to the properties of the transmuted still being in-tact, so the only other options he seems to have in order put Kirby down is Ki blasts which get absorbed, H2H in which'd he soundly loses due to being outclassed in strength & will struggle to put Kirby down, and finally absorption which is something Kirby can both replicate in a similar manner or can get out via the use of AOE attacks, much in he same way Goku did.

I'm still seeing Kirby as the winner here, but this debate has only just begun, so I look forward to your response.

1. Kirby still is better in physical punching power & has the power to KO Buu
  2. Kirby has alternative means to put Buu down besides brute force, something the latter doesn't really have
  3. Kirby scales above more impressive people like Meta Knight (someone who I'll likely refer back to later into this debate) than the people Buu scales to.
  4. Kirby's speed is still more than enough to keep pace.
Showtime.
Showtime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheWatcherKing  Online

Round two

No Caption Provided

Counters to stats

Is their anything that says the Supreme Kai's planet is larger than normal earth? Cause otherwise this ain't that impressive by Kirby's standard.

It’s funny you should say that, because there is. This is the Supreme Kai’s planet, wanna guess what these are surrounding it?

No Caption Provided

If you guessed those were moons you’d be wrong. This is from Daizenshuu 7

Kaioushin Realm

The world where the Kaioushin, the highest ranking beings among the Kaiou, live. Its scope is about one-tenth of the combined space of the World Beyond and the Living World. Endlessly revolving around the circumference of the World Beyond and the Living World, they watch over the entire world and take balance. Planet Kaioushin makes up the center of the Kaioushin Realm. Planet Kaioushin is a solitary planet in the Kaiou Realm, and around it, there are numerous tiny suns. The only people in the Kaioushin Realm are Kaioushin, and Kibito, who acts as support.

The Supreme Kai’s planet literally has stars(plural) orbiting it, so needless to say it’s massive.

I'm going to need some context as to why being as strong as Cell is impressive. Don't remember any kind of durability feats which'd make this impressive.

Freiza while literally depleted of all his energy, cut in half and near dead tanked planet Namek exploding. Cell not only shares Freiza biology ( he has freiza’s Cells) but is more durable and powerful than Freiza is. One shotting Dabura is a good feat, since you shown in your opener Kirby surviving something less than a planet explosion as a durability feat.

This is cool & all, but unless we assume Freeiza's attacks are truly light speed (something you showed nothing for), then all we're really doing as far as I can tell is upscaling from Lightning speed & FTE feats, which shouldn't be enough to overtax Kirby's FTL speeds even to this insane of a degree.

I could use the fact that characters massively above the speed of lightning like Piccolo couldn’t see the attack(whose own attacks were relativistic in the saiyan saga) but none of that is needed. It was confirmed that his attacks were like beams of light in guide books. Incase anyone is wondering what is being said

este haz de luz emitido por sus dedos fue tan rapido que nadie pudo verio

Translates to

this beam of light emitted by his fingers was so fast that nobody could see

There should be no discussion about this. The best part about this is that this wasn’t Freiza at his max, as stated in the anime he was only using 1% of his power. Freiza at 50% struggled to tag him and was getting blitzed easily by ssj Goku, and at max still couldn’t win. Buu scales ridiculously, Buu is FTL clearly meanwhile I’m not sold on Kirby’s speed.

Throughout the fight from the gif you presented, the blitzing ratio was solidly in Goku's favour, doing it much more often to Buu than vice-versa (these gifs being examples of the speed gap being presented, & Buu only did it like 2-3ish times & one time it was by surprise due to his stretchy body).

Likewise you need to realize Fat Buu takes attacks on purpose sometimes due to taking fights as a joke(this isn’t the case for all Buu‘s). One of the “blitzes” you shown was an example of that, and right after he first gif you shown is when Buu goes on to blitz Goku.

especially due to Goku's quickly decreasing energy due to the nature of SSJ3 making the times he did (e.g. the gif you posted) a bit dodgier by me perspective.

Erm, what? Goku wasn’t losing power in ssj3. He only did that in his fight with Kid Buu because he was alive, he only lost the amount of time he could stay on Earth in his fight with Fat Buu. Goku outright confirmed that ssj3 drains too much energy while alive

No Caption Provided

Goku was dead when he fought Fat Buu, so this wasn’t the case.

With this in mind, I wouldn't call Fat Buu faster than SSJ3 Goku, at best they seem like equals from what you've shown me.

Even if I did agree to this Buu would still scale above the likes of ssj3 Goku. According to you Fat Buu and ssj3 Goku are equals in speed, and yet Kid Buu was shown blitzing Fat Buu relentlessly (1,2,3).

Buu being faster than Goku is undeniably true, especially since I don’t have Fat Buu or kid Buu but a fully composite Buu who has even more powerful forms.

I'm going to need some kind of reference point to the difference between Goku & Gotenks regarding speed in order to truly be impressed by this.

Keep in mind in DB people who are more powerful than someone else is generally going to be superior to them in all stats.

Goku knew that Gotenks was strong enough beat Fat Buu, which is why he left beating Buu to Goten and Trunks. However he didn’t know Gotenks would achieve ssj3 so he was talking about ssj(which is 8x less powerful than ssj3) meaning ssj Gotenks was powerful enough to beat Buu. With ssj3 Gotenks would be significantly more powerful than Goku, but to top it off he nearly killed Super Buu while Goku stated he and Vegeta has no chance against him.

1. Goku is confident Gotenks can take Fat buu.
  2. Is surprised to see ssj3 Gotenks in his fight with Super Buu.
  3. Goku says he and Vegeta would be slaughtered Super Buu.

Versatility/The fight

Well then keep in mind then that Kirby does have piercing capabilities in the form of his Sword ability (or the more powerful Ultra Sword, if he's feeling spicy), so that's another option Kirby can use in terms of fighting Buu, essentially making him be forced to take the time to regenerate rather than have more opportunities to fight back.

Piercing attacks are still useless against him. He doesn’t have internal organs to damage or any blood so bleeding out is impossible. He’ll simply no sell it and move on. This is also a terrible idea if you don’t want to get absorbed, cause that’s what happened to Gohan after Goku cut Buu in half with the destructo disk.

Now the reason that's impressive is because Meta Knight has his own feat of defeating Galacta Knight, someone who was stated to destroy multiple planets as mere collateral damage (i.e. multi-planet strength without even going after planets directly). This kind of insane strength would be good enough against Buu if it was Meta Knight who got the statement, but considering that Kirby scales 2 steps above this instead makes me seriously doubt if Buu has ever faced someone with this kind of striking strength behind them.

I’d say he can, I already shown Goku was creating small star level shockwaves while trading blows with Kid Buu(even significantly sized craters).And keep in mind, this was only Kid Buu. Buutenks was established as the strongest form of Buu prior Buuhan being a thing.

No Caption Provided

After absorbing Gohan? Buu immediately states he is even more powerful than Buutenks.

Buu can tank Kirby’s attacks as I see it.

Now the reason that's impressive is because Meta Knight has his own feat of defeating Galacta Knight, someone who was stated to destroy multiple planets as mere collateral damage (i.e. multi-planet strength without even going after planets directly).

And where are the feats of him doing so?

This TK doesn't seem like something like a move Buu would pull in-character.

I wasn’t saying he’s don’t it in combat, I was showing off both of his abilities at once. Though he has done this multiple times.

afaik he never tried this trick on any of the protags he fought, so I doubt he'll use it here.

Well has has restrained people in combat through various means.

Kirby very well could get turned to candy, an egg or clay after that.

For starters, it seem like that, unless I'm missing something, those who are transmuted still have their physical strength, are fully conscious & can even use their techniques, given that Vegito can still fly here.

Vegito is the only person that was shown capable doing anything, so this is hardly the norm. The fact that Buu is surprised makes sense as he’s killed hundreds of populations over his lifetime and this is the only time something like this has happened. While it was never outright stated it makes sense to assume Vegito’s fusion earrings had something to do with it as it was stated Buu’s magic and the earrings have a weird effect on each other. Vegito only kept his strength and flight though and Kirby can’t fly without the warp star so I don’t see how he will move regardless.

Also keep in mind avoiding the attack may prove to be difficult not only because he can easily use it in CQC but he has AoE with it.

As such, this shouldn't affect too much & would probably just result in the same situation as what happens here i.e. makes Kirby an even smaller target that he is already, and just makes Buu transmute him back ( tbh, Kirby's size is a minor point to bring up, given Buu's never fought someone of Kirby's tiny statuer afaik, making him a much more awkward opponent to fight compared to a regular dudes).

Kirby’s size is hardly going to be a factor, it’s not like Buu can’t stretch his body for his attacks. Hell, Buu doesn’t even have to be near Kirby to hit him. Odd techniques like this would surely overwhelm Kirby as he hasn’t dealt with them before, and if that’s not enough Buu can clone himself.

No Caption Provided

Finally is that this is a stunt Kirby can do as well thanks to the Bubble copy ability, instantly transmuting Buu into a, well, bubble, all without the downside of having his stats being kept around. So should Kirby decide to go with this option, it seems like it'll do wonders in putting Buu down for good.

How fast are said bubbles? And is there any reason Buu can’t use a forcefield to protect himself? He’s resorted to them several times.

No Caption Provided

Also these can be used against Kirby’s other attacks, as even ssj Vegito has struggled to get through Buu’s when pissed off(keep in mind Vegito was curbstomping Buu most of their fight).

This shouldn't be much of a factor due to the slug-fest nature of how this battle will go down, meaning neither of our characters will be really hiding.

Ki sensing is useful for detecting your opponent’s movements in combat, so even if Kirby isn’t hiding it can be useful.

These shouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, especially since afaik, we never actually see them explode on anyone, making it hard to judge how potent they really are.

Hmm...

Also Buu can have them fire their own energy based attacks, which were implied to have been enough to harm even Vegito.

Whilst Kirby was KO'd for an unspecified amount of time (though it couldn't have been that long given his allies still were waiting around), he did recover from a blast that was easily large planet level at least, just on the sheer distance it covered & being able to outpace the Star Allies Sparkler (which should be a worst comparable to the warp-star), not to mention the arena where Kirby fought Void Termina (around 2:20 for a good view of the arena) has enough room for a whole bunch of planetoids. And even better, when Kirby woke up he was as happy as can be, like nothing ever happened. This should show that Kirby has enough durability to take a butt-load of punishment, and will make Buu have to work super hard to truly kill him.

While he didn’t tank it point blank this is indeed impressive. Unfortunately it’s just not good enough, kid Buu has destroyed galaxies.

No Caption Provided

And even if you want to assume he did this over time this is at worst enough to say his attacks are large star level. Given that he would have to wipe out all of the stars in the galaxy for it to be destroyed. And this is just Kid Buu, a composite Buu should vaporize Kirby based on what you’ve shown so far.

Fortunately, this is something both of our characters can do, so this is essentially equalized.

That’s not how it works. Buu and Kirby’s methods of absorption are completely different, if Buu is absorbed he can escape by ripping through the dimensional barriers in Kirby’s stomach. If Kirby is absorbed it’s over, he can’t counter it.

Nothing is equalized.

Not to mention that it seems that this is something that enough raw force/AOE is enough to bust through the absorption before completion, which Kirby certianly possesses thanks to his wide arsenal of tools.

Buu wasn’t even absorbing him there, so I don’t know what you’re going on about. Fat buu has absorbed no one, only Kid Buu and Super Buu. If Buu was going for absorption it would look more like this

Both of them show off the same thing however, that Buu can be KO'd whilst bypassing/ignoring his healing factor, so my point comes across either way, I just used the BoG's version of the fight in order to show a more 'accurate' version of what Kirby'll do.

Beerus taxed his healing factor beforehand when he was spinning Buu around.

And if anything getting a Ki blast instead of a fist to the face is worse for Buu, given how you can't even claim he survived a hit from Beerus for a decent, purely blunt force durability feat.

Beerus was suppressed.... it was never a feat.

How would his healing factor effect him being KO'd? Kirby using fisticuffs means that he'd be actively bypassing the HF given Buu's never outright imploded & needed to regenerate from a high level punch iirc.

There is literally no difference between being blown to pieces by blunt force attacks or energy attacks, one isn’t harder to heal from than the other. That said Buu has regenerated from Kid Buu destroying his head by flying through it

No Caption Provided

And it’s not like Buu has any internal organs, as it’s been shown time and time again he’s simply a pink blob with nothing inside him.

No Caption Provided

A brain is needed for a knockout, and he doesn’t have one. His healing factor has helped him in H2H btw(he’s straight up had head caved in by basil and regenerated laughing it off).

1-2. Buu regenerates just fine from Majin Vegeta‘s attacks in H2H combat.

Buu needs to have his healing factor taxed or literally to be vaporized before he can heal to be put down(Or some hax he has no defense against). By passing the healing factor in H2H combat isn’t happening.

That's fair, but the feat I provided earlier should show that Kirby can take a lot of punishment anywhos, and certianly enough to survive this attack.

Not enough to say kirby can survive causal star busting attacks considering even Kid Buu should at least be star level.

In-universe logic, given that it wouldn't really make sense of Sectonia, a being who can hold her own against Kirby, to be unable to planet bust, especially without any real absurd hax to balance it out.

That’s circular logic. You can’t give me this as an impressive feat for Kirby, then justify it as impressive because he held his own against Kirby.

Her size of wrapping around the entire planet after merging with the Dreamstalk makes it pretty clear on scale alone.

Wrapping around most(not all of the planet) proves it exploding is planet level how? The blast did did no damage to the planet despite the plant being directly on it, I understand environmental damage is inconsistent really nothing supports it being planet level to begin with.

Other beings in the Kirbyverse being planet+ level threats (namely Dark Matter, Galacta Knight & Magalor) making that Sectonia not being on an at least similar level doesn't really add up given how big of a threat she's hyped up to be.

Keep in mind I’m fine with it being planet level(Buu is above that regardless) but unless the plant monster has statements to put it on the same level or above those threats(which I assume have feats to put them at planet level) then I don’t see how that proves anything.

Kirby's has & can suck in multiple projectiles at once even in base & against ultra-powerful beings like Master Crown amped Magalor, so I'd disagree, especially when Hypernova gets involved.

I meant that Kirby won’t be capable of sucking in every attack due to Buu’s speed and power(especially if Kirby gets restrained at any point). Especially since Buu will have dozens ghosts firing Ki blasts at him, or trying to make contact with him to blow up.Though I’d like to see proof Kirby can suck in AoE blasts of this magnitude

No Caption Provided

Luckily for me, Kirby has shown the ability to use multiple powers at once, as seen here when he uses his Inhale whilst still using the Bomb ability (something I won't be covering due to it being un-needed), so that works out in Kirby's favour & shows he can use multiple things at once.

Of course he can use his inhale ability whenever, I meant if he was using a specific power like bomb ability he won’t also be able to use the hypernova ability(as you brought it up). I know he can use his standard inhale whenever he wants.

And even if Kirby couldn't, he's shown the ability to cycle through all of his abilities basically instantly & use them like normal, so it's more than possible for him to mix & match to suit the situation.

This still puts him at a disadvantage, as he needs to switch powers to one that can help him in a situation, while Buu always has access to all his abilities.

And even if it didn't directly increase the power of the cannonballs, as you said, it's clear they are sent with at least a lot more force, so either way different wording, same result. i.e. Buu's projectile being fired at him with extra force.

Those are two completely different things. I know you’re into mha, so I’ll use that as an example. If it was giving it a boost, it would be like here with Endeavor and Hawks. Kirby isn’t boosting the canonballs, but spitting them with more force than they get from a canon. Just because Kirby can spit with more force than a canon doesn’t mean he can spit with more force than Buu’s planet busting attacks. So no, he wouldn’t be boosting anything, and regardless it wouldn’t do much to Buu anyway.

Based on how Buu has to sit still & hold his hands out, it seems like Buu has to actively concentrate on the Ki blast & nothing else in order to move it the way he wants, leaving him a sitting duck which lets Kirby lay the smackdown on him.

Him having his hands out= Buu has to stand still and can’t move because controlling his own attacks requires his full attention? You’re reaching, he was standing there because Goku wasn’t attacking.

Not to mention this won't really matter if Kirby launches the Ki Blast right in Buu's face, giving him no chance to move it before he's hit with it.

Or... Buu could just knock it away casually like he’s already done?

Thing is though, is that what he pushed back wasn't even a full power Spirit Bomb.

Vegeta made it pretty clear that the Spirit Bomb couldn't kill Buu due to Goku not having the power/energy to pull it off, and even then, Buu was clearly struggling & had to use his maximum effort to push it back.But when Goku received that power needed thanks to Porunga & turned into his SSJ form, Buu was immediately overwhelmed & obliterated by The Spirit Bomb in just a couple pages. So saying he could over power an attack that could kill him seems off to me given the context.

The spirit bomb itself was at full power, Goku wasn’t. Goku couldn’t overpower Kid Buu because he ran out of steam in his fight with Buu, once Goku’s stamina was restored he could. This isn’t even relevant to the point though, the point is that Buu could stop his own blast if need be if he can stop an attack that had the power to kill him. This shows that buu isn’t helpless against Ki blasts, and he most certainly isn’t going to be killed by his own attack.

I’d suggest you stop using Death Battles’ arguments.

Honestly it seems like he would try & take it. It seems more likely that Buu would try and block like he did here instead of moving out of the way, since he also did a similar thing with Gotenks in his Super form (i.e. instead of trying to dodge it, decides to just take it & flex about how strong he is).

He knew he could overpower it, yet I literally already shown Buu deflecting his own attack instead of tanking it. Buu isn’t going to try to tank it, even though he very well can if he wanted to.

And Kirby will be off even better, since he'll be efficiently burning out Buu's options for victory, forcing him to, after all of his in-character options (Ki blasts, absorption & Candy Beam), he'll be essentially forced to go H2H, which'll ultimately lead him to his demise.

Buu is more than capable of matching him in CQC, and would still use his abilities like Ki blasts and transmutation. You also gave no arguments against absorption, you just mentioned that they both have it while ignoring only Buu has counters against such an attack(not Kirby).

Also worth noting Buu is far more skilled than Kirby. Even without absorbing people Gohan and Piccolo (which grants him their intelligence and skills) Buu has impressed the likes of Goku several times. This is another advantage Buu has over Kirby, as I have seen nothing to say Kirby is on his tier in skill.

Fortunately for me, all the Warp Star have stats, and their are several Air Ride Machines that are actually faster than the Warp Star, making reacting to them all the more impressive.

This seems to be based on the Kirby fandom wiki.

https://kirby.fandom.com/wiki/Air_Ride_Machine

Are there any official statements supporting this?

Keep in mind they aren't exactly trying to pace themselves, given they're boosting all over the place & well, trying to win a race, so them intentionally going slower instead of their highest level speeds possible makes negative level sense to me at least. Another thing to considering that even by the Warp Star's lowest of low-end showings, going 25mph is a pretty extreme outlier, so this also adds to the layer of inconsistency regarding these numbers.

Does Kirby have any other feats to make this consistent? Because I gotta tell you, I’m in no way convinced in the validity of Kirby having casual mftl speed because a racing game(that doesn’t even seem canon) where all the stated speeds are below the speed of sound. This is quite literally the only speed feat you gave, until you can prove this isn’t inconsistent Kirby holds no edge in speed.

Conclusion

• Buu can more than match Kirby in strength and tank his attacks.
  • Buu should be more than fast enough to keep up. In fact, if you can’t prove that the speeds you argued Kirby at are consistent, Buu will have a significant speed advantage here.
  • Kirby will struggle to put Buu down. Force fields protect him from transmutation, and his healing factor will make Kirby putting him down with blunt force nigh impossible.
  • Kirby can get one shot by an energy blast, based on what you’ve shown thus far.
  • Buu has many hax abilities that will help(like his transmutation or ghost generation) that Kirby will struggle to deal with.
  • Piercing attacks are useless against Buu. They can’t kill him, or even hurt him really.
  • Buu won’t be put down or even bothered by his own Ki blasts as my opponent conceded. Which was actually one of the ways Kirby was being argued to win.
  • Buu seems to be too much for Kirby.
TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3264f197a68
deactivated-5d3264f197a68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great job so far, you two. And TAEP, pls! This one has caught my watchful eye.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kirbykirbstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers